Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Beat Zack and Wiki

Zack and Wiki is a cool game, but it's damn hard, and there is lots of repetitiveness due to frequent deaths. This is why at about three quarters through the game, I just played it with a walkthrough beside me. I really wanted to just see the ending to the game, and I was never going to be able to beat it without the walkthrough. So I beat the game and guess what the ending was? A SH*TTY ENDING FOLLOWED BY A NON-ENDING!!!!

That's right! We get a crappy ending that's confusing as h*ll, and then we get to see Barbaros come up and tell us that there's more sh*t we can find if we play all the levels a SECOND TIME! When you beat a game, THE GAME SHOULD END!!!! This is something I HATE about video games now. In the NES days, when you beat a game, IT'S OVER!!! You don't have to replay the whole game to collect a bunch of sh*t that isn't required for anything besides bragging rights and maybe a few crappy unlockables!

As you may have guessed, I'm pretty pissed off. This is because I'm a huge game ending whore. If a really hard game doesn't have an epic rewarding ending, it's not worth beating. Zack and Wiki was a great game, but it's ending is a huge disappointment. It's even more disappointing since the game had such an epic intro. I was really hoping this would be the game I had been dreaming for. Awesome epic opening credits, an awesome game after it, and a huge, epic, rewarding ending. I got two out of three, but I didn't get my great ending. It's a crying shame since this was the closest I'll ever get to that dream game. I'll just have to settle for the first Strong Bad WiiWare game.

I guess another thing that made this such an epic failure to me was the fact that I had recently got the incredible Elebits ending. I was expecting something as awesome as that since I often pair Zack and Wiki together with Elebits due to their status as sleeper hits. (sort of like how I always put Kirby's Block Ball and Kirby Star Stacker together)

Zack and Wiki was a cool game, but it was an overall disappointment. An great ending is important, and Capcom failed me in this field. Still, I would recommend picking up this game since it's pretty fun, and it is a very impressive Wii game. Just beware of the disappointing ending.

No comments: