Monday, November 3, 2008

Sick of games?

I'm beginning to think that I'm sick of video games. I have a whole bunch of unfinished Wii games, but I just don't want to play them. I know it's partially because I'm scared to play the harder levels and get mad, but even casual games like Wii Fit and Endless Ocean I don't want to play. Heck, even games I really like such as Wario Land Shake it I don't want to play. I think that once I had beaten Elebits, I felt like I was done with video games. Beating Elebits was like I had beaten Video Games as a whole, and had no need to play them anymore. I think my problem with the Wii was I bought way too many games at once, and was overwhelmed by the amount of stuff to play. Of course I will automatically buy any Kirby game that is released, but other than that, I really don't feel like playing video games anymore.

I also think that a big problem with the Wii is that there haven't been any games that have truly blown me away. I'll play a Wii game and I'm like "okay, that's kinda cool." But there hasn't been anything that I'm like "Holy crap this is awesome!!!"

The ONLY cases of me being really blown away by something on Wii were the intro to Zack and Wiki, and the Ending to Elebits. So there hasn't been any actual gameplay that's blown me away. I'm a very difficult person to satisfy when it comes to games, and I seem to always enjoy stuff on handhelds a lot more than consoles. Sure I love games like Mario RPG, Luigi's Mansion, and Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg, but I just like handhelds better. Until I get an awesome Kirby platformer on Wii, I don't think I'll be remembering the Wii as an awesome console.

No comments: