Friday, November 21, 2008

Ebay stuff

So the Ena figure arrived, and I absolutely love it. It's super cute. It also wasn't a bootleg! I saw a figure of Chika from Ichigo Mashimaro on ebay, and if I had enough money, I would have bought it on the spot. Chika is my favourite character from that series, and she was actually in a pretty hot pose despite being 12 years old. *Anime Pedophile* I really wanted it, but the 90 dollar price tag was intimidating. I actually had 78 dollars on paypal, and actually started a transfer of money so I could afford it, but after a while, I was unsure if I should buy it. I decided not too, but just to make sure I didn't, I bought some other stuff instead. If I ever find the same figure on ebay for a cheaper price, I will probably buy it. Chika is awesome, and that figure is pretty hot. *Anime Pedophile*

So the first thing I bought instead of the figure was the Game Boy version of Kid Icarus. I played this game a long time ago, and recently replayed it on an emulator. Only problem is the rom crashes after you beat the second final boss. So I get all the way to the end and don't get to see the ending. This is one game that is actually worth buying the cartridge rather than playing the Rom. And as a side note, the NES Kid Icarus sucks. The only thing that's way better in the NES version is the music. The Game Boy version music is horrible.

The other thing I bought was a promotional poster for Kirby Super Star Ultra, which was apparently only available to retail stores. (At least that's what the item description claims) It's 28 inches tall and 22 inches long, so it's a decent sized poster. Unfortunately I couldn't get it by itself. It also comes with a Wario Land Shake it poster, which is fine since I like that game, but I would have rather paid a cheaper price and only get the one I really wanted. I don't think hanging a big ugly poster of Wario right next to a big poster of Cute Kirby will work very well. And besides, who would want a big picture of Wario hanging on their wall? He isn't exactly eye candy. I don't think I'll be hanging that one up, but I'm not going to give it away or anything.

So those things are coming my way sometime. I don't think the posters will arrive before Christmas though. They said 2-3 weeks, and there will likely be a mail strike right before Christmas, so it will be a while. Not sure how long the Game Boy game will take to get here.

I'll probably be doing more shopping though as I did transfer money before deciding not to buy the figure. I might wait for the second Angry Video Game Nerd DVD to come out before buying anything. Though I'm always on the look out for more Kirby 4koma manga.

No comments: