Friday, November 14, 2008

Wisdom Teeth Removed

Yesterday I had my wisdom teeth removed, and the pain hasn't been as bad as I thought. In fact, my whole family is pretty amazed at how well I'm taking it. I got them removed yesterday, but I didn't feel up to writing a blog post.

I had four wisdom teeth, (unlike my brother who somehow had five (no joke. He really had five wisdom teeth)) and they all came out fine according to the doctor.

Eating was very frustrating the first day since I couldn't have anything I had to chew very much. My dinner yesterday was two small cans of Chicken Noodle Soup, and my snack before bed was some apple sauce my mom bought. I will tell you now that it was the greatest friggin apple sauce I've ever had in my life. It was really really good.

My mom and dad kept telling me that I was going to have a very hard time getting, and staying asleep the first night. Fortunately one of the side effects of one of my tourettes medication is drowsiness, and I take that before bed. I seriously cannot sleep without that pill.

I went to bed around 10PM, and it was hard to get in a comfortable position on my side that wasn't putting pressure on my cheek, but once I found the right pose, I slept like a log until 6AM without getting up once for the bathroom or a painkiller. I got up at 6am, had some more apple sauce and attempted to go back to bed. Finding out that it was hopeless to try, I got up again at 6:30AM, had my morning medication, and had more breakfast.

This morning I was brave and had an untoasted piece of bread with peanut butter on it. (crusts removed due to teeth pain) It was hard to eat, and I couldn't finish it, but it was a treat to have peanut butter again. (life without peanut butter would suck.)

I guess the most annoying things about the teeth pain aren't really about the pain itself. It's about doing things that CAUSE pain. For instance, I can't wear headphones, I can't laugh, I can't sneeze, I can't yawn, I can't drink cold water, (has to be lukewark tap water) I can't eat ravioli, Beef Stew, Toast, or anything at Mcdonalds, and most importantly, I can't whistle. I'm a whistler, and I simply love to whistle tunes. Unfortunately, I cannot whistle due to the teeth. (or lack thereof) So this means I can't whistle Mario, Kirby, Pokemon, Portal, Kid Icarus, and all that fun stuff that I whistle all the time.

I guess the most annoying thing about this ordeal is that I constantly have to spit into a plastic cup, and I'm spitting up blood. If I had kep using the same plastic cup the whole time, I would have easily filled it up. That would be really gross though, so I frequently empty it.

In other news, I was able to pay for the Ena figure from Yotsuba. I was worried about that, so I'm pleased that is over.

The bad news is that when I tried to purchase some plush companion cubes (from Portal) on the Valve Store, it didn't work since I chose the wrong shipping method. Even worse, I payed with PayPal, and I don't think that they are going to refund it since they haven't done so. so that's 44 Canadian dollars down the tube without getting anything for it. So I say screw you Valve. I really wish my brother wasn't so friggin hard to Christmas shop for. If you get him anything media like a DVD or DS game, he'll say right to your face as soon as he opens it, "I could have just downloaded this" Oh yeah, I see you really appreciate the gift at least lie you friggin a-hole. What is REALLY annoying is that I know my brother has a Wii, but he doesn't know that I know, and I don't think he wants me to know. So I could easily buy him a Gamecube game, (Not a Wii game seeing as how he probably imported something to download them) but my mom doesn't want me too. I'm really thinking of just telling him I know about it, and ask if I can buy him a Gamecube game. I'm fed up with trying to get something nice for him that he would actually like, so I might just go up and ask him, "What the heck do you want me to get you for Christmas"

No comments: