Friday, November 21, 2008

SPRay release date delays

It's no secret that I'm not that into the Wii anymore. In fact, the only game I really got into was Mario Galaxy and the Strong Bad games. I even learned to hate Endless Ocean when I found out you can only find certain fish at certain times of the in game year, and there are some fish you only get one chance at befriending. That ruined Endless Ocean for me, and made me decide to not get the sequel when it comes out.

There IS one game I've been interested in though, and it is called SPRay. (Yes, the capitals are supposed to be there)

The only problem with this game is nobody seems to know when the hell it's coming out. IGN originally said the 28th of October. On the 28th I went to EBGames and they said it was coming out on the 11th of November. I then asked HMV and they said the 18th. I asked a different EBGames the next day, and they said the 12th. A different EBGames said the 13th. At this point I'm pretty annoyed. So I wait a few days before asking again, and now they say the 19th. So I just gave up at this point and waited for the 19th. The 19th comes, I go to HMV, and they say it's coming out on the 16th of December. So I ask the EBGames and they say the 20th of December. I check gamestop and they say the 9th of December. I check another site and they say the 15th of December.

...

Look, if you don't know when a game is coming out, JUST SAY YOU DON'T KNOW! STOP PULLING THESE FAKE RELEASE DATES OUT OF ASSES!!!

Honestly, it's the ONE Wii game I've actually been looking forward too, and it's been delayed a zillion times. Is this a sign of cancellation? Frequent release date changes often mean a game will be canceled. That would be the second to final kick in the balls for me as a Wii owner.

Unless HAL gets their head in the game and makes that Kirby Platformer for Wii, I'm thinking the Wii is dead for me. And if the Wii Kirby game isn't a platformer, THAT would be the final kick in the balls, and knife in the heart for me as a Wii owner. Kirby's only had one game per console since the N64, so chances are good he won't get two on Wii. MAINLY BECAUSE HE ONLY APPEARS IN THE LAST YEAR OF A SYSTEM'S LIFE CYCLE! If Kirby had just forgotten about Air Ride and focused on that canceled platformer, he would have rocked. He would have only needed one game on Game Cube if that was released.

Of course there is still the last episode of Strong Bad, but that's not much. Come on Tecmo, just release SPRay already! And HAL, get working on Kirby! Just port the Game Cube Platformer that everyone drooled over! And Nintendo, get working on the next 3D Mario game! There's no law stating that you can only have ONE per system. And why the hell has there been no Touch Detective on Wii? Come on, it's a point and click game! Just because IGN didn't like them doesn't mean a new one won't sell. Just change the name to Mackenzie and Funghi: Quest for Cromwell's Treasure, and you're golden!

Come on Wii, hit me with some good stuff. GOOD stuff.

No comments: