Friday, October 17, 2008

I beat Elebits: It was so worth it

So I've been complaining about Elebits for a couple weeks now, saying how I hate it and when I beat the game I'd rant about it. Well, I beat the game, and you know what? I simply cannot rant. Do you know why? I'll tell you. The ending cut scene and ending credits were so epic and rewarding that I simply cannot complain at all. The ending cut-scene made me smile and tear up a bit, and during the ending credits was an awesome song. With actual lyrics and stuff! It was set up as movie ending credits, where there's a song playing, the first part of the credits has some pictures with a few names, and the second part is just the rest of the names scrolling up with no pictures beside them.

Now you may ask, "But you hated the game! Why does this make up for it?" Well, I'm a snob when it comes to endings and openings, and if the ending isn't rewarding, it'll make me like a game less. No matter how great the game was, if the ending sucks, it gets docked a few points from my enjoyment. So with Elebits having what may end up being in my top 5 favourite endings ever, it doesn't matter how much I hated the game. It was so worth it to see that awesome ending that I simply throw all my anger out the window.

What is even better about this ending is that I WAS disliking the game. I didn't enjoy the game, and I only wanted to beat it because I was so close. The fact that the ending was so rewarding was like a true prize to me. The game's thinking, "You beat a game you aren't enjoying, so we better d*mn well make it up to you."

So all is forgiven towards Elebits. It held up it's part of the deal by giving me an awesome ending, and an easy final boss. (Of which there were two by the way)

Would I ever play the game again? No way. I got my ending, and that's where I want to leave Elebits. On a good note.

No comments: